The kids heard from a bunch of other kids at school that the city workers aka river workers (that is what our kids have named them) started sand bagging down by the river. They just had to see it. "PLEASE MOM, PLEASE, WE HAVE TO SEE THE SANDBAGS!!!" I guess sandbags are very amazing and a must see, so I gave in, even though I wasn't too thrilled just because the river is so high and I am having some paranoia about it. I waited until Jas came home from work to head on over. We are only a block or a block and a half from the river. Not far at all.

It is getting up there. Too high for my liking.


Parker was giving us a detailed plan for when the river floods. What we will do, where we will go. It was quite entertaining.

OH LOOK THE SANDBAGS, THERE THEY ARE!!! They were just as amazing as we all thought, they were bags with sand in them. So glad I brought my camera to document how fabulous they were stacked and the organization of the bags was incredible. Okay I will stop being a sarcastic snob.

I think Jason is growling at some helpless child or animal. Who knows.

Hannah just had to get her picture taken on the sandbags. The kids were loving every minute of it. We couldn't help but laugh at how excited they were when they saw them.
No comments:
Post a Comment