Many Many MANY more posts to come!! So stay tuned! I am determined to get caught up!

Monday, May 9, 2011

The Hunt

Parker is on The Hunt, the hunt for what you ask??? Well, we live near a river trail and we walk it daily. There are animals and birds that live on the trail as well. He is determined to see every animal that lives on the trail. Currently we are hunting for groundhogs and beavers. He is determined to find one, oh yes he will find one. We may have to campout on the trail (joking) but we will see one. My favorite tree on the trail. I just can't stop taking pics of it.
LOOK LOOK, WE SAW A BIRD! It isn't a beaver or a groundhog by any means, but it was a cool bird diving down to get who knows what by the river.

Here is our nature boy, I call him "Boy Versus Wild or Explorer Boy"

Hannah loves to ride her bike fast on the trail, I just wish she paid more attention while riding. There has been several times I have had to catch her from going off the trail. She is our free spirited child.

Hannahs grumpy face. We still think she is a cutie.

Parker has officially declared that Jed is our hunter dog.

Yep peeps, that is snow. We had rain and snow that morning we took our walk.

This is where the hunt begins. Jason's parents came for a visit and Grammie Smith saw an animal and that is when our survival instincts kicked in. We grabbed sticks and started poking in holes, because isn't that what you do??? I mean you do want the animals to come running out and scare you to death right??

Still looking.

PK is DETERMINED to find an animal. I think he was so obsessed at this point that he thought for sure he saw one. I mean he was POSITIVE there was a beaver in that hole.
Walking home, with no sign of a beaver or groundhog. Bummer.

Oh look, my favorite tree again. Okay, no more pictures of it, I promise.

Wait, we hear something....we must explore some more. This is where PK said he saw a brown head pop out of a hole on the side of this hill. Did he really see something??? Will we ever find the truth. Stay tuned and we will let you know.

Still looking for the beavers. I was really hoping that magically a beaver would pop it's little head out of the water and surprise our kids. It didn't. Dumb beavers. But hey, there is always next time. Because the hunt will go on.

The Hunters.

Checking things out.

Jed is seriously like one of the kids. He will do whatever they do.

2nd day of the Hunt. Oh yes, we didn't give up. We hunted and hunted, but this time we brought Papa Smith along for the ride.

Back to the spot where we swore we saw a brown head of some brown animal. But, after exploring, we still did not come up with any animal. We will NEVER give up, we will find a groundhog or beaver, oh yes WE WILL!

No comments: