Many Many MANY more posts to come!! So stay tuned! I am determined to get caught up!

Monday, May 9, 2011

Sunday Afternoon at Salem Pond

We decided to make our first Spring visit to Salem Pond by our home. Parker has been pleading and begging Jas to take him fishing. We saw some friends from our neighborhood there and so it was fun for our kids to hang out with their kids and we actually got to talk to adults for more than five minutes. AMAZING! We had a great time, we just wish that this crazy Utah weather would decide what it wants to do. It was a little chilly while we were there. I bought a new little stroller for Ava and she is in love with it. Ava found her shadow and she thinks it is her new best friend. She laughs hysterically at it.

Still laughing at her shadow.

Parker checking out if there were any treasures in the sand.

Watching the ducks that wouldn't eat our bread. I guess they are to good for it.

Avas favorite thing to do, throw sand on Hannah.

Then she threw it in her own face. Nice.

I guess sand isn't very tasty.

Hannah finally got a few ducks to eat her bread. She had the magic touch.

Ava was stoked when the ducks finally started eating. All we heard from her for a good hour was, "Quack Quack. Mom, Daddy Quack Quack."

Chowin' down.

Hannah was done with the ducks and ran off to see what the boys were up to.

We pack up our fishing poles and all our fishing gear and this is what PK does, he finds a stick and some fishing line laying around and makes his own pole. Um, you have a really nice pole just waiting for you to use and he would rather use a stick. Typical boy.

Tristan found this dead crawdad floating in the pond. It was huge and gross.

It really was a pretty day despite the chilly wind.



I took Ava over to play on the playground for a bit. She was in heaven.

Except she hates big slides, they scare her. I don't know why, I mean she slid down one once and face planted it at the end and bent her neck a way that necks are NOT supposed to bend and now she is scared to death of them. I don't get it.

Our swinging baby. Her favorite thing in the world to do. I LOVE this picture.

She could swing forever. We can't wait for more visits to the pond.

No comments: