Many Many MANY more posts to come!! So stay tuned! I am determined to get caught up!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

All Mine.

I watched my kids play this evening.  They were playing on a playground at the park.  Their faces were red, their hair was getting wet from what Hannah calls "kid water" and what I call sweat.  They ran and ran, they climbed and climbed.  Up the stairs and down the slide, over and over again.  Giggling and smiling.  They were in their own little worlds.  Every once in a while they would run into each other and they would giggle or say, "HI!" like they hadn't seen each other in forever.  They helped each other across the wobbly bridge and held hands while going up the ramp.  They caught each other at the end of the slides and they crawled through the tube together over and over again.  They were content, they were happy, they didn't have a care in the world.  As I watched them I felt a deep gratitude in my heart that they are mine, all mine.  Those are my babes going down slides, running up ramps and climbing through tubes.  Those are my babes holding hands, giggling and smiling.  I told myself to remember this moment, this simple moment of my children playing at the park.  I know I will wake one day and they will be grown, to big to crawl through tubes at the park and catch each other at the end of the slide.  Too grown up for holding hands up the ramp and helping one another cross the wobbly bridge.  I took this sweet moment in, I put it away for me to remember...a memory that will make me smile.  A memory that makes me thank my lucky stars that these 3 little ones are mine, all mine.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Aw, I love your kids too. You are one lucky Momma! :)

Taylor Fam said...

Made me want to break into song , "You're gonna miss this!" I love your kiddos!