Many Many MANY more posts to come!! So stay tuned! I am determined to get caught up!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Yellowstone Part 2: Yummy Ice Cream and Old "Not So" Faithful

We arrived at Old Faithful and had to wait for over an hour before it went off again. So, we headed into the visitors center for some ice cream. The kids were excited about this and who doesn't like ice cream for lunch.

Skish loves ice cream, can you tell?

Hannah waiting patiently for everyone to finish their ice cream.

Parker and Jason. Can you tell Parks is in heaven? Ice cream for lunch, best trip ever!
Lisa and Emma

Jas and Skish, finally off to find a seat to watch Old Faithful
Ava ran and ran and ran on this boardwalk. She never stopped. Oh and she was a tourist attraction. I think she was the youngest kid everywhere we went and the foreigners were all over her. They thought she was so funny. Here are a few things I heard during our vacation:
"She so tiny."
"She walk funny. So little baby."
"Look at her fat legs."
"She is a silly baby. How do you curl her hair like that?"
"I like her legs and hair. She is cute."
"She is about 6 months right?" (What? Yeah peeps, 6 month olds walk all the time!)
"I take picture of her?"
"Where you get one this cute?"
"Look! Look at that baby. There is a baby."
I guess baby's are hard to come by in their countries, who knows. It was hilarious and Ava loved all the attention. She would wave and laugh and then clap and they would go crazy again. It was like she was some performing circus monkey to them. It was funny!

Mom and Skish waiting and waiting and waiting for Old Faithful.

Kayla, David, Lexi, Parker and Braden WAITING for Old Faithful.

We were so lucky and got to wait an additional half hour for Old"Not So" Faithful.
She was a tease, she would blow out steam, shoot some water up, the crowd would go crazy and then she would stop. Eventually she did go off and Parker said, "That was it? We waited for almost two hours for that?" Flippin' funny!
Steaming away.

Teasing us just a little.

There she goes!

Still going.

Almost Done.


She may not be that Faithful any more, but it is still cool to see.

1 comment:

Taylor Fam said...

It was kind of crazy that there were hardly any other little kids like Ava. She is such a trip...I love that girl! Love the posts too!