Many Many MANY more posts to come!! So stay tuned! I am determined to get caught up!

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Friends, Fishing & Food

Our friends invited us to head up to Maple Mountain for a campfire, yummy food and to do some fishin'. We jumped at the chance and we were glad we did. We had tons of fun! Parker, Max and Issac showing us their prized fish.
(this picture is out of order, sorry!)
Miss Ava waiting for the food.
Cutie Jake and his dirty face.
Jake and Ava being silly.

WARNING: Sad, dirty, horrible picture below. Yes, this child has a mother. If she were a good mother, I...um, I mean she would have comforted her and cleaned her off right away, but instead she took pictures.
Let me explain, we had only been up the canyon for a good five minutes and Ava had already fallen at least 10 times, she was complete filthy and then she did a huge tumble down this little hill and her face ate dirt pretty bad, as evident in the above picture. It was sad and horrible, but hilarious too. I know that sounds so mean, but you can't help but laugh. It was a like a perfect America's Funniest Video moment.
Just so you know though, I did comfort her and clean her.

After a yummy dinner we headed to the lake to fish. Mama duck and her babes.

The kids decided to do their version of caveman fishing and stab the fish.

Hannah and Jake throwing rocks.
Parker, Jake and Max
Jake, showing us his fishing skills.
Hannah caught a fish, but wasn't too interested in getting to close to it. It started wiggling and she flipped. Jake on the other hand, thought the fish was awesome.
I am sending this picture into Pepsi, maybe they will use it for their next ad.
Parker and Max waiting patiently for the fish. They didn't have to wait to long, the fish were biting like crazy.

Ava loved the fish and I didn't snap a picture fast enough, but she actually KISSED it! That baby isn't scared or grossed out by anything.
Parker, Max, Jas, Hanny and Ava showing us Parker's fish.
Mmmmm, dirt tastes good.
I guess Jason decided to catch fish by hand? Who knows what he was doing. I am sure Jake was waiting for him to fall in, cause I was.
Cutie Miss Ava.
Hannah makes fishing look good.
Just walking around.
Check these fish out!
The mighty fishermen. I think all in all they caught 8 fish!

After fishing we headed back to roast mallows and have some smores.
Hannah and Jake roasting their mallows.

Issac and Parker roasting the perfect mallow.
We had a great evening up the canyon and can't wait to go again!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Kristin...I AM STILL LAUGHING at that picture of poor Ava covered in dirt. SERIOUSLY....THANK YOU for the good laugh :) Poor baby!