Many Many MANY more posts to come!! So stay tuned! I am determined to get caught up!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Parker's First Day of 2nd Grade!

2ND GRADE!!
Yep, you read right, Parker is in second grade this year. We can't believe how fast he is growing up. He turns eight in October! Jas and I feel old, real old. We are so excited for Parker! He is really excited for second grade. His teacher this year is Miss Nelson and he met her yesterday at the open house and likes her already. He has a lot of friends in his class and he is really excited about that. He woke up bright and early today and said, "Mom, I am really excited and nervous for school today." I was excited and nervous for him too.
Parker picked blue waffles and apple juice for breakfast this morning.
I also let him pick out everything to go in his lunch for the first day. He chose a honey sandwich, Doritos, a honey bun and a Capri Sun. I threw in the kit kat with a little message written on it.
*Starting tomorrow though, he will have some kind of fruit or veggie thrown in there.
He may not eat it, but it will be in his lunch.
Then we headed outside for a few picks in his new outfit.

Hannah just had to be in one of the pictures. She told Bubba she was going to miss him like crazy.

Stop growing up!
Our 3 babes. Love all of them so much. These two girls are really going to miss PK while he is at school.
PK right outside his classroom, this is when he started telling me to stop taking pictures.
Just one more at his desk.
We hope your first day is Awesome Parker!
Jason and I always tell the kids, "You can be the best!"
They get totally embarrassed, but Jas and I get a good laugh out of it.
Jason wrote Parker a cute note this morning and you guessed it, that was on the note. Parker just rolled his eyes and said, "You and Dad are so weird."
Love You PK!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I took Olivia to kindergarten testing this morning. I still can't believe she's starting school. Where's my little baby?

oh, and I love that you wrote a little note on his kit kat. I used to love when my mom did that on my napkins. :)

Taylor Fam said...

oh my gosh I'm crying right now because these kids are growing up too fast! I just love that little pk!