After the Mendenhall Reunion we went over and saw my Great Grandpa Richard and Grandma Hannah Bird Mendenhalls home. Yes, it is still standing. My Great Aunt Erma lived in this home and now her daughter Mary lives here. It is being renovated, so we thought we would hurry over and look around before there were major changes to the home. The kids thought it was AWESOME to see where their Great Grandma Hannah (they call her Nana) was born and raised. You heard me right, Nana was born in this home. The kids loved it and I loved it more.
The original banister is still in the home.
Mary let all the kids slide down the banister.
Hannah was so nervous.
Parker was a little cautious.
Ava's picture is blurry, because she let go and slid down as fast as her little body could go, yelling "Weeee" the whole time and then she turned to me and said, "gen" That is her way of telling me, "again."
I told Nana later that the kids all slid down the banister she told me she used to do that as a child all the time and that a lot of bums have slid down that. I'm glad my kids are now added to that list.
The kids found Gus the cat and Parker was pretty certain that he was Nana's cat. Um, no that would make that cat close to 100 years old. I doubt it buddy, but you can still keep on believing it if you want.
The big tree and tire swing in the backyard.
The view from the upstairs window. See the swings on the edge of the yard. My mom still remembers swinging on them when she was little.
Great Grandpa and Grandmas player piano. Isn't it a beauty?!
A few pictures of the kids on the porch.
I am so glad we were able to go visit and see some of the same original things that were in the home when it was built. Mary even let me take a few treasures home, which I will definitely cherish.
No comments:
Post a Comment