Many Many MANY more posts to come!! So stay tuned! I am determined to get caught up!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Del Boca Vista Part 3: Lizard Huntin'

We can't go to Del Boca Vista without hearing this from Parker a gazillion times a day, "Can we go lizard hunting?  When are we going to go lizard hunting?  Dad, are we going to go lizard hunting?"
YES PARKER WE WILL GO LIZARD HUNTING RIGHT AWAY!!  Jason and Uncle Ryan usually do all the lizard hunting with the kids, but I gave them a break and finally went.  I can see why they don't want to do it all the time.  It is hot, sweaty and you get cut up.  But, hey the kids love it and guess what we get to bring lizard pets home, AWESOME!! Not.
When Lizard hunting, you should always wear your swimsuit.  Hannah says if she wears her suit, then she doesn't have to climb in the bushes, I should have taken her advice.
Here is Parker searching under rocks.  This kid is pretty intense about hunting for lizards.
Carter was in charge of holding the lizard container.
We weren't having any lucky catching those fast lizards, but we did see some weird, huge, gross bugs. Yuck!
This picture is not very flattering of me, but I had to have some proof that I actually went on a lizard hunt, because PK always tells me I never go with him.
Parker stomped on this wood and a ton of lizards would crawl out of it and then me, Carter and Hanny would run and try to catch them.  I am sure it was a sight to see.  I ripped my t-shirt in two places, cut my legs and got a big gash in my toe.  Saweet.
Parker finally caught a lizard later that day, which he named Speedy Junior, since we already have Speedy Senior at home. 
I love how serious Parkers face is in this picture.  See, he is very intense and serious about this lizard catching stuff.  Now we are proud owners to 4 sage brush lizards and one horny toad lizard. 

No comments: