Many Many MANY more posts to come!! So stay tuned! I am determined to get caught up!

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Our Backyard

These pictures are mostly for us, so we can look back in a year or so and see how big the trees grew and what all the flowers looked like.
We have enjoyed our backyard a lot this summer. Of course, the work never ends. I am sure every summer we will find a new project to work on.
I planted these flowers from seed. I actually made something grow. Miracle!!
This bee landed on my face after I took this picture, I was running around the yard screaming like I was five. I hate bees.
The bright pink and yellow are my favorite. So lovely.

I had to take a picture of these again, because they are almost as tall as the fence.



The weird containers in this picture, far right and to the left our courtesy of Parker. They are his bug catchers. The joy of having a boy.

Hopefully our trees will grow really fast, so we can finally have some shade. Our backyard is so HOT!!!
To do list for our backyard before winter comes:
1. Finish planting the rest of the free bushes and tress we received from Uncle Sterling and my dad. Thanks again!
2. Finish the fire pit
3. Clean up the big fat mess on the side of the house, thanks to our children for the big fat mess
4. Put away all patio furniture, awning, toys, trampoline
5. Pull out all the annuals
6. Make sure all trees are staked down really good, because the wind here is evil in the fall and winter
Work Work Work.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Kristin, I love your backyard! Can I come over and look at it, we are majorly lacking inspiration for what to do along our fence. Yours looks awesome!
I hate yardwork-- it seems like it never ends!

Bon said...

Looks so super gorg! I need serious help when it comes to my yard. It was severely neglected this year due to baby! Hopefully next year I will feel motivated!

Amy A. said...

Kristin~ I just wanted to tell you I found your blog... I have added it to my list... hope that is ok.

Oh, and I LOVE your Backyard!