Many Many MANY more posts to come!! So stay tuned! I am determined to get caught up!

Monday, September 14, 2009

FIRE FIRE FIRE

I asked my hubby if he would make us a fire pit in the backyard...so after careful rock hunting, finding the perfect spot in the yard, changing the rocks around over a 100 times (well maybe not that many, but it felt like it) I sat and drank lemonade, holding Ava and pointing at rocks while he lifted them and moved them from place to place. What a good hubby right??
So, here are some pics of the before and after of the Smith Family Fire Pit.

Sunday night, we started our first fire and roasted some mallows!

Despite the 100 mph wind we were having the fire did start and we were able to enjoy it for about a 1/2 hour
Hi. My name is Miss Chubs and I'm happy to meet ya.
Beth & Dan joined us for the mallow celebration
p.s. Thanks Beth and Dan for providing the mallows
Two very happy boys to finally be able to have a fire pit in the backyard
Cute Hanny

The finished fire pit. I think it looks pretty spiffy!
Good Job Hubby!!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

OH yes...I like it! :)

Paige said...

It looks really good, great work! We love our firepit and the best part is you get the feel of a camping experience and yet you can go right inside and shower off the smell before bed. Love it!

Justin and Lacie said...

It looks awesome! I am sure it will be a lot of fun to have and maybe fun for the neighbors too!