Many Many MANY more posts to come!! So stay tuned! I am determined to get caught up!

Friday, November 4, 2011

The Great Flood of 2011

So, ya all know Ava is NAUGHTY....so this post shouldn't surprise you any.  Over Conference weekend (October 1st) we had a bunch of family here because Dan and Beth had just had their twins.  It was crazy, there were kids everywhere and in all the fun and craziness I didn't see Ava go into the bathroom.  I did see her walk back into the kitchen and I didn't even think twice about her being somewhere where she wasn't supposed to be.  Well, about a 1/2 later my bro-in-law Brett came into the house and took his shoes off and went to walk on the carpet only to find that the carpet was soaked and I mean soaked to the point that it looked like we irrigated our carpet.  Come to find out Ava had stuffed a whole box of Kleenex into the toilet and attempted to flush it over and over again.  SWEET!  That is when the major clean up began. 

 Grammie Smith coming to the rescue.
 We went through so many towels it was ridiculous!!
 Then we had to use the carpet cleaner and a wet/dry vac to suck up all the water. Thanks Crystal for letting us use your vac!!
 It took THREE days to get all the water out of the carpet.  I thought for sure we were going to have to pull all the carpet up.  The great flood flowed into the entry, part of the front room, into the garage, the coat closet and the crawl space underneath the house. It ruined the baseboards in the bathroom too.
 Aunt Lisa went out to get Ava to talk to her about what she did.  Yeah, she could have cared less.
 Here she is pulling her innocent face. 
Emma giving Ava loves. Because naughty little stinker butts need love too!

No comments: