Many Many MANY more posts to come!! So stay tuned! I am determined to get caught up!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I was unaware I had a 16 year old.

I was shopping yesterday with my little Hannah. She is in need of new summer clothes this year, so we were having a great time picking things out. It was so fun to watch her hold clothes up to her body and then look at me with that sweet smile and say, "This one is cute!"
She is also, SO in love with clothes, shoes, belts, purses. If it is girlie, she is obsessed. She is making me love more girlie things too, so it is a good thing. Half way through our shopping adventure, she holds up this yellow shirt and says to me in her most excited voice, "I LOVE THIS!!" Now, her mom wasn't so in love with that shirt. It really was not the best color of yellow and it had an interesting pattern sewn on it. I told Hanny that there was a cute pink shirt behind her, she immediately got this look on her face and said, "Mom, you never like what I like." Immediately my mom brain, confused said, "I was unaware I had a 16 year old?!?!" She threw the yellow shirt down on the rack and marched off. I had no words. My baby is already arguing with me about clothes, you are to little!! Aren't I supposed to pick your clothes out and aren't you supposed to love everything I love for you??? I guess not. If that wasn't bad enough, she marched to Daddy and told on me about not liking what she likes. Jas of course, got a huge kick out of this.
I realized at that moment, that my baby is not a baby any more. She may still be little, but growing fast and becoming her own person. She is stubborn and sassy. Sweet and Kind. Loving and Feisty. Beautiful and Amazing. She is becoming the little person I have dreamed she would be, I guess I just thought I had a few more years of her being mine and following me around and wanting to be like mommy. My baby has decided to become a little lady. I am definitely in for an adventure and a sweet treat.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Ha! I just love it! Kaley SO has her own style! We clash almost daily over what to wear! It just kills me! I have to stash clothes (we have ALOT of hand me downs) that I don't want her to coordinate! :) This is great! I love hearing stories from Hanny! Kaley and her are so much alike! Just little princesses!

Are you guys feeling better? Guess what. Thomas is sick again. Joy. We'll see how we're doing for Princess Playgroup.

Amy said...

so cute!!! love that they have little opinions at such a young age! so did you buy the yellow shirt?

we had a similar experience just last week. and I bought the yellow shirt!!! :)

Kris said...

I DID NOT buy that yellow shirt. She turned the corner and found a pink one with sparkly hearts on it and she was SOLD on that one. So I lucked out. I almost caved. I usually do cave though, because I don't want to deal with the girl drama. ;)

Melanie said...

Good Luck. Syd is 9 1/2 going on 20. She is getting very hard to deal with. We need to get together we haven't seen you since our awesome trip to Park City!!!!!

taylor & marci black family said...

Hannah NEVER ceases to make me laugh!! SHe is such a princess! I wonder what this next one is going to be like!