We headed to Zions National Park on March 30-April 2nd to spend some time with Jason's family. It had just been one week since Jason had his labrum surgery on his shoulder. Poor guy can't do anything with his arm for several months. I only snapped one picture of him at the hospital. Doesn't he look like he is having so much fun?! Going to Zions was a much needed break, well the lounging around part when we got there was the break I needed, the packing and driving was not so fun, since Jas couldn't help with that. This is the first trip in our 11 year marriage that I have had to drive the whole way. I am not the best long distance driver, but I am proud to say I did it without freaking out or dozing off. Which is a good thing right?
Poor Jas and his poor arm. He was a crazy person when he woke up from his surgery. He was whistling at me, saying crazy things and making the nurses laugh. He was a nut!
Now, off to Zions National Park
The kids were awesome in the car. Thanks to the dvd player and lots of snacks. We had to stop on our way up to the cabin to feed these chickens. You would have thought our kids never saw chickens before, they were so excited and were freaking out over them.
Daren and Mandi rented the cabin we stayed in and it was AWESOME. The theater room was huge and the kids loved hanging out and watching movies. The weather was not the greatest while we were there. One day it was pretty warm and then the next day we had a blizzard. I didn't leave the cabin for 4 days, it was heaven. It was nice to just hang out and let the kids play and not have to worry about anything.
Braylee, Hannah, Foofa and Ava watching a movie.
Braden and Parker getting set up to play pool.
David, Emma, Ava and Hannah being crazy with Colton up in the loft.
Ava loves "her baby Cocin." I keep telling her it is Colton, but she just yells, "I said that Mom, Cocin."
Let's pray that this is not her "new smile." Heaven help us.
Parker, Braylee, Jas and David playing the arcade games. I have come to the conclusion after this trip, that we should just buy our kids these old school arcade games. All the kids and adults loved them and it kept them busy for hours!
Lis and Sweet Baby James watching Conference.
The fam watchign conference and just relaxing. Check out the awesome deer heads. Saweet!
Hannah and Emma had to get in on the arcade action.
Watching the tube.
Love this sweet baby. He is hilarious and absolutely adorable!
Cousins are the best kind of friends!
Braylee and Hannah
Parkers favorite chill spot.
When good babies get angry. Ava was so ornery when I took this picture. She was a crank face!
At least I gotta kind of "half smirk" out of her. She kept telling me, "Go way Mom. No picture!"
Ava showing Jas her mad air hockey skills.
Ava loved playing air hockey, she couldn't stop laughing.
Hannah had to slide down the railing. It is one of her favorite things to do. She is a goof!
I tried to get Braylee and Parker to look at the camera, but I guess the game was too intense.
Hannah and Ava peeking through the stairs watching the kids play arcade games.
Cutie Jane just hanging out.
Sweet James. He was all smiles.
Favorite picture ever of Jane. She was mesmerized by the camera.
It was FREEZING COLD outside but Ava was determined to blow bubbles outside. The bubbles would barely come out and then pop immediately because it was so cold. Ava was getting so mad.
Then the wind kept blowing her hair in her face and she was screaming, "Dumb hair!"
Still trying to blow some bubbles.
Success! She actually blew bubbles that didn't pop. She was one happy babe! Zions was tons of fun. The boys were able to go on a hike and Jas took some pictures so I will be posting those next! Can't wait to hang out with the Smith Fam again!

No comments:
Post a Comment