Many Many MANY more posts to come!! So stay tuned! I am determined to get caught up!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Strolling and Coloring

On April 7th we went for a little stroll on the river trail behind our house.  We were loving the spring weather.  Then we headed home to color Easter Eggs. I wish as a Mom I enjoyed this activity, but I dread it and curse it every year.  But, you do it for your babes right, they love it so Jas and I pretend to love it as well.  When it is all over though, we secretly throw a party and rejoice!
 Jas was still sporting his sling.  He had to wear it for 8 weeks after his surgery.  It was a LONG 8 weeks.  He was over that sling at about 5 weeks.  Happy to say that he is doing good and he is on the road to recovery.
 Miss Ava has decided that she doesn't want to be in a stroller on our walks any more, she prefers walking.  Which is more like stopping every five seconds to look at something.  So a half hour walk takes 2 hours.  It is awesome!

After our stroll, we headed home and dyed some eggs.  Ava broke everyone she touched.  She would drop them in the bowl and they would crack.  It was NOT awesome.  Then she would stick her fingers in the dye and lick the color off her hands and fingers. Super NOT awesome.  She was a monster, hence why I despise this activity with a passion.  Hannah on the other hand has turned into a Easter egg dying master. 

 Parker was drawing a masterpiece on his egg before dying it.
 Hannah has major skills and can dye her egg with her eyes closed.  I know people, it is impressive.
 Ava wanted to do whatever Hannah was doing, we heard a lot of this, "Hurry Hannah I use that.  Hannah you done?  Hannah I have it!!  Stop Hannah." 
 After I yelled spoke softly to Ava about sharing and using her indoor voice, things got a lot better.

Are we done yet?  Nope. Dang it. 

 Our girls are lovely. 


 Crazy smile on the left, perfect smile on the right.

 Parker was an artist this year and made some pretty cool colored eggs.

The finished products.  So happy it is over!!!  We survived another round!

My goal for next year:  To enjoy this experience because soon our babes will think dying eggs is "uncool" and that they are too old to hang out with Dad and Mom and dye Easter eggs.  I will enjoy it next year, I will, I will.

No comments: