It is 11:00 p.m. and all three kids are finally asleep. Today was a rough day. Ava was a monster. By the end of the day I had officially named her Devil Baby. She is a handful, but for some reason today was awful. She woke up ornery and it NEVER got better. She yelled and cried a lot today. She hit and pinched too and threw about 20 tantrums on the kitchen floor. I just wanted to document a few of the things she did today, because I know I will forget, hopefully I will forget. :)
She climbed on the kitchen table and threw everything that was on it onto the floor. While doing this she kept saying, "Bye Bye."
She pushed a chair over to the counter and climbed up and I caught her eating butter. She was down half a stick when I got it away from her.
She has learned how to open ALL doors and today her door of choice was the freezer. She snuck an opened bag of chocolate chips from the freezer and by the time I found her secret hiding place she had eaten most of what was left in the bag.
She unrolled half a roll of toilet paper and put it in the toilet and then played in the toilet water for a bit.
She unfolded all my folded laundry.
She ate dog food.
She dumped all the legos out of the bin. (they are all color coordinated in drawers too, UGH.)
She wants to do everything by herself, so this is what I hear about a trillion billion times a day, "No, Me! No, Me!"
She ate some Elmers glue.
She licked the kitchen floor.
At the vet, she threw a tantrum and was rolling around on the gross disgusting floor there.
She pinched Hannah and then laughed.
She took about 20 DVDs out of their cases.
She told me, "NO!" another gazillion trillion times today.
I smacked her hand today when she tried to pinch me and so she smacked my hand right back.
She was playing in Hannahs room and I caught her pulling the barbie heads off.
She took Hannah's drink off the kitchen table and spilled Fruit Punch all over my carpet and the dog.
After baths, prayers and bedtime tuck ins, she sat in her crib and yelled, "Mom!!! Mom!!! NO!!! Mom, me. No, Me!! Bubba?! Hannah?!! Dead (aka Jed)?! Daddy. NO!!! MOM?! No, Me!" This went on for a good half hour until I think she realized that Mom was over it and was exhausted. She finally turned on her musical aquarium and fell asleep. I went in and checked on her. She was asleep on her belly with her bum high in the air. Her binki was out of her mouth and she was snoring every so lightly. As I watched her I realized how lucky I was to be given this little monster aka devil baby. She is naughty, oh so naughty. But she is mine. All mine and for that I am thankful. She is helping me learn to have more patience, to go with the flow and just relax. She teaches me to laugh more and I am realizing that it is okay to have difficult days with my little ones, all that matters is that at the end of the day my children know I love them. And love them I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment