Many Many MANY more posts to come!! So stay tuned! I am determined to get caught up!

Monday, April 6, 2009

Painting decorations for Nursery

I thought Conference weekend would be a good time to get a project done. It kept the kids busy, so I could watch Conference. Let me explain the project we did.
First off, we had a metal gazebo in our backyard last summer that my parents gave us. We left the metal structure up this winter and during one of the many wind storms we had, it snapped the metal leg in half. So, needless to say it was worthless and so we had to break it apart and throw it away. But, as Jason was taking it apart, I notice that the gazebo had four decorative metal panels on the legs, the decorative panel was a vase with tulips coming out of it. So, my frugal brain thought, hmmm can we break those panels off the legs?? And I will see if I can make something out of it.
Here is the before picture of the panel.
Sorry, I started painting a little and then realized I hadn't taken a "before" picture yet. But you get the idea. It was metal and it was brown. ;)
Here is Hanny hard at work.
Here is Parker using his artistic skills. He really is quite the little artist.
Here is one of the panels during mid-paint.
Here are the finished panels. I think they turned out really cute. I plan on attaching ribbon to them and hanging them on the wall.
Here are just a few pictures of each individual panel.
Of course, Hannys favorite is the pink. She calls them the pinkalicious tulips.
Personally, I love the yellow. I did one panel with a darker green leaf, just to off set the grouping a little, I think it turned out pretty good.


It was definitely a time consuming project, I think I painted most of Saturday and Sunday, but it was worth it. And I only spent 96 cents, because I had to buy dark pink paint. Oh and then I will have to buy ribbon if I don't have any that will match.
I will post pictures of when the panels are up on the wall. We are putting the crib up today and painting the dresser. Then I get to put Jason to work on hanging the shelf and a few other decorations. So far, I think the nursery is coming along good and I am excited to get it all finished.
Oh and some good news, we have 2 names that we actually like, so this baby may have a name after all when she is born!!

7 comments:

Blume Bunch said...

I LOVE those!!! wish I had them in my house.....you do the cutest things!

Bon said...

Gorgeous! You are amazing! My total hero!!! :) I can't wait to hear what you name her and also see pictures of the nursery!!

Jess said...

Nice! I like.

Deters said...

Oooh I want to see the finished nursery now. Can't wait. Plus I'm super excited to find out the name.

Paige said...

You are so creative. I totally would have thrown the whole thing out without thinking. They turned out SOOO darling!

Crystal said...

I am shocked at how beautiful these turned out, but I have to tell you I am not surprised! You are awesome! :)

Nate Family said...

Cool idea! I can't wait to meet your new family member!