Many Many MANY more posts to come!! So stay tuned! I am determined to get caught up!

Monday, February 2, 2009

ThE FiNiShEd PrOjEcTs

After a week of sanding and painting, my projects are finally complete! Hallelujah!!
I love how everything turned out. So, here are some pics of what I have been up to.
The before picture of my red oak armoire:
The After picture:

I painted it black because, I am of obsessed with black paint. Sanded the edges, stained the whole thing with walnut stain and then clear coated it.
I Love Love Love how it turned out!!!
These frames were also red oak, I just sanded them and painted them black.
Pictures courtesy of Rebekah Westover Photography.

This is the only before picture I have of the kids play table and chairs. I bought this at Ike*, unfinished.
The After Picture. I painted the base of the table black, the top is a walnut stain. The chairs are the color Bulls Eye from Kwal paint with sanded edges and a walnut stain on them.

I love how the table and chairs turned out. The kids love it to because it matches the computer desk I did last summer. So, they think they are big like dad and mom.
I am now taking a break from projects for a while. Seriously, was I crazy or something to start these projects being prego??? The answer is, YES! But, I am glad that I finished them before the baby came and I am thoroughly enjoying my loft now.

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

So I was thinking when you and Jas renew your vows we should go to Moab. We could shoot the vow renewal in the buttcrack. And then for your portraits we could hike up on the mountain where we got lost so many years ago. We could take a jeep up there for old times sake. And for some fun family portraits we could go to the creek where that damn bird stole my car keys.

Bon said...

Wow! You are seriously amazing and totally inspire me! I love the black armoire and am also obsessed with black. Did you use a satin finish paint? I am totally loving it!! And the kids table and chairs! Why can't we live closer...oh the goodies we could find garage sale-ing and DI..ing together!

Amy said...

YOU



ROCK



!!!!!!


everything looks amazing.

also, where is the buttcrack and how did a damn bird steal the car keys? (HAHA -- that comment made me LOL ;)

taylor & marci black family said...

You are so flippin amazing!!! It all looks so good! I need some lessons.....mabe this summer!

Melanie said...

Those are so cute!!! I will find some and bring them over for new finish, I really need a book case. I know you get it from your awesome Mom.

Deters said...

That looks so good, seriously. You have quite the talent for that.