With this next baby, I am going to start a new tradition...that I think should happen whenever any woman gives birth to a child. They should get a "Giving Birth Gift." Yeah, I know that the bundle of (bald, squishy face, cuteness) Joy should be the greatest gift (which of course it is), but you know I was thinking the other day....I have to carry this Bundle Of Joy for 9 months, which is not the easiest 9 months of "my" life (maybe yours) and then I go through labor which who knows if it is going to be good or bad and then I have to feed the BOFJ all hours of the night, so I think I should have a "Giving Birth Gift" to really help me relax, be comfy and get me through this process. I may sound selfish, but I don't think it is asking to much, I mean come on I am making a little miracle here, a human. Which if you really think about a human carrying a human..it is a little freaky. But so forth, this is the "Giving Birth Gift" that I want. I can picture myself in it right now, can't you my dear sweet husband???? If it makes you feel any better, I will picture you sitting in it and watching football, while you are holding the baby of course.
I am clicking my heels right now and saying to myself, "There is no place like sitting in a comfy recliner....There is no place like sitting in a comfy recliner."Here is to my new tradition that I am going to start! "Giving Birth Gifts" are the new thing people, pass it on!!!
9 comments:
LOVE the idea! I wish you would have brought it up before I had my first two! Come to think of it, I think I should still get the two "giving birth gifts" =) Now to start thinking of how to convince Cole. haha
BOFJ? bundle of freakin joy? love it. and love the idea. one way or the other you ARE getting that chair.
I totally agree with the idea. I guess in a way I got one by basically getting a new wardrobe, since I got so huge that no clothes would fit for at least a couple of months- best case scenatio.
Love it. Any excuse to get new stuff works for me and having a baby is way more than just a silly excuse. You totally deserve it!
Love the idea...I don't know if Layne will buy it but I say we deserve it...especially when we have the "best" pregnancies ever :)
No one deserves that chair more than you! I hope you get it girl! For what it's worth I'll contribute five bucks to the gift! You should have your kids go door to door selling goodies for the Giving Birth Gift! Good Idea isn't it?
Bry's brother does this for his wife. I wish I could remember all the gifts (they have five kids). One time it was an Ipod.
Such a fab idea. I hope you get your comfy chair. I think the excerpt of the hubby sitting on holding the baby was clever! '
Oh and I have the best new blog for you to check out! It is creative and fun and reminded me of what we like to do.
http://www.joysofhome.blogspot.com
LEt me know what you think!:)
Forget about waiting for your husband just go get it yourself!
Post a Comment