Many Many MANY more posts to come!! So stay tuned! I am determined to get caught up!

Thursday, November 6, 2008

The First Flakes

Yesterday morning the kids woke me up at 6:30 a.m. to inform me that it was snowing!!!Of course, I didn't believe them because it was so early and hello I didn't see snow on the weather report. So I rolled out of bed and behold, "The First Snow...Flakes" of the season.
Hannah kept jumping up and down and yelling, "The First Flakes!!" Parker kept telling her, "They are not flakes, they are snowflakes." It was pretty funny. Of course the kids wanted to go right out and play. I didn't allow it because I am a mean mom, no it was because Hanny hasn't been feeling that well, so I told her she had to wait for it to at least get a little warmer outside. Then they woke up this morning and the snow is pretty much gone and their big brown eyes got all teary. It made me sad, kids get so emotional over the funniest things. I informed them though, that more snow will come. To that, they started screaming and running around!

Hannah finally being able to play with what snow was left in the backyard. She was making the baby a snowgirl. Since she is pretty sure the "baby in my gut" is a girl.

So pretty. I am just happy that I didn't have to shovel it.
I also realized yesterday that snow=wet dog. Hmmm, I don't know how I feel about that just yet. I guess wet dog=carpet cleaning and I have needed to do that since summer.

1 comment:

Deters said...

How cute how excited they get. And that it a very darling snow man Hannah built.
I actually check every morning to see if it had snowed.
I'd love to have some snow over here. Everyone kept telling us that there is snow continually from October till April. Well we have not had a sinlge flake fall on the ground yet. The snow suit and the sled are just begging to be used.