Yesterday I ventured out in the snow in my Mormon truck aka minivan. It was 8:30 in the evening and it was still snowing, yuck. I traveled to the grocery store. I didn't really want to go but the baby needs food right? I had to purchase baby food, formula and coke. Coke was not for the baby, but for the baby's mom. I had to drive 20 mph because our town obviously thinks it looks magical or they want it to look like a winter wonderland, so they don't plow the roads. I finally arrived at my destination. I had to park out in the middle of no where, the whole time I am thinking to myself, "Why in the sam are there so many people at the flippin' grocery store when it is such bad weather?!" I park. Get out of my car, step in a giant slushy puddle. Lovely. I then proceed to walk into the store, a kid drives by in in low rider geo metro and splashes me, lovely yet again. I make it into the store.
I do my shopping. Almost forget the Coke, which would have been tragic. I proceed to the checkout. Want to faint at the price I just spent and all I bought was baby food, formula and coke. The checker also wants to faint when she reads the amount due and starts to think she did something wrong, I assure her she didn't. It is normal to pay $20.99 a can for formula, didn't you know???
I pay the horrid amount due and start walking out of the store, but not before I guy runs into my back with his cart full of heavy food storage crap. Nice buddy. That is going to definitely leave a mark. At this point I am trying to high tail it to my car.
Side Note: Has anyone tried to push a shopping cart through 4 inches of slushy snow? Yeah, not good.
On with the story, I am proceeding to push my cart through slushy snow. My cart is struggling and I am getting frustrated. When all of a sudden the only sheet of black ice probably in the whole parking lot appears right under my feet and I slip and fall flat on my back, my cart is in the middle of the parking lot now. I couldn't move. A man and his wife run up to me and are yelling, "Are you ok? Are you hurt?" I couldn't speak, I could tell they were starting to panic.
The man tries to help me up and I finally say, "Just leave me here. Seriously, leave me here." The lady starts laughing. The man is confused?? I say again, "Don't bother, I'll just lay here. This is a perfect end to my day. I mean it, just leave me."
The lady is laughing harder, I start laughing. She says to me, "Honey, I know how you feel. I have had days like that to. Here let me help you up."
They help me up and we are all laughing hysterically. The man gets my cart and puts my bags into my Mormon truck. I thank them and get in the car. I sit and laugh in the drivers seat for a good few minutes and I call my hubby to tell him what just happened, his response,
"That is Classic."
1 comment:
I can't believe that I haven't checked your blog for so long that I missed that story until now. I can so relate and let me just say I love you!!! You make me laugh and cry all at the same time. I do hope that you are having a better day by now though - I agree, CLASSIC!
Post a Comment