Many Many MANY more posts to come!! So stay tuned! I am determined to get caught up!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

We Heart the Carni!

So of course when we go to Preston, we have to hit the Carnival. The kids anticipate this and they get so excited. But of course we torture them first by walking to the fair grounds and waiting in line forever for the famous "rodeo hamburger" while the kids sit on the grass staring at all the rides, but the adults tell them they can't go on any until they eat. Man, we are mean. Poor kiddies. But once we start going on the rides, they forget about everything and laugh and scream and cry when we have to leave.
David, Lisa and Emma all smiles.
Mandi and Braylee enjoying the ride.
Braylee, Emma and Hannah: Cute Girls!
David and Emma luvin the carnival.
Hannah and Mom, her favorite ride is the merry-go-round.
Parker loves the merry-go-round as well, but his favorite ride is the bigfoot trucks.
What I can't figure out is why kids love the carnival so much, because all they do is go around in a circle a ton of times over and over again. It makes me dizzy just thinking about it.
Either way, they all had a great time and that is what it is all about.


3 comments:

Rebekah said...

You went blond!! Love it.

Ok, so whenever I think of a carnival I think of the great quote from Austin Powers:

"There are only two things that scare me in this world, and one of them is nuclear war."

"What's the other one?"

"Excuse me?"

"The other thing that scares you."

"Carni. Circus folk. Nomads you know. Small hands. Smell like cabbage."

Ashley said...

lol. Ok, so i had a great comment all ready to write and then i read becky's carni recitation and I can't believe she remembers that. SO FREAKING FUNNY!!!

And YOU WENT BLOND! Crazy how long it's been since I've actually seen you. Looks good!

Kris said...

I know I am way blond and LOVE it. I haven't been blond for eight years. I got the eight year itch on our anniversary. :)
Beck: Jason always quotes that Austin Power line when we go to the carnival, freaking hilarious!