On February 15th the school put on their Science Fair. The kids who participated got out of class for 2 hours to stand by their projects and explain it to the other students that walked through the fair. Then that evening all the families were invited to come to the Science Fair. When the kids got home from school that afternoon, I asked them how the Science Fair went:
Parker: It was awesome, we got to miss class for 2 hours, hang out in the gym. We got an ice cream and we played outside foooorrreeevveeer!
Hannah: Stupid. We had to stand by our science projects forever, like stand there. I didn't even get to sit. Then people kept asking me, "What is your hypothesis?" I told them, "How do I know I can't read." The only good part is that I got ice cream and got to play on the big kid playground."
Here is Hannah with her Science Project, "Ocean in a Bottle." She looks really happy here, but believe me she wanted this whole experience to be over with.
When we were driving home, I asked her if she was ever going to do the Science Fair again, her response, "No way, unless I have to then I will."
Here is Parker with his Science Project, "Crack the Egg." He was thrilled to be there and could have stayed all night if we let him.
When I asked Parker if he was going to do the Science Fair again, his response, "Heck Yes! I already have ideas for next year."
Jason talking to Max our friends son. He did a cereal experiment to see which one stayed the crunchiest.
The littles (Lexie, Max, Jake, Hannah and Ava) just chillin' on the steps during the Science Fair.
I am very proud of our kids for doing the Science Fair, but I am VERY glad it is over!
No comments:
Post a Comment