On February 7th we had our Blue and Gold Banquet for Cub Scouts, this year we decided on the theme Wild Wild West. There was lots of Hick Talk all night. We dressed up like cowboys and cowgirls, ate chili, cornbread, salads and brownies and enjoyed watching the boys receive awards. Jason and I also put together a cute little program and had some of the boys participate. All in all it was a good night and we had a great turn out!
Flag Ceremony. The boys did a great job!
Then of course I had to take a million pictures of everyone at their tables.
Our ward is AWESOME! We are really lucky that we are part of such a great ward.
Me and my cute Cub Scout.
Bridging the boys into their new dens.
Jason and his famous, "watermelon cheer."
Some of our awesome Cub Scouts receiving their awards.
Me, Jason and some of our Cub Scouts gathered around the campfire for our program. The boys did an awesome job, they all spoke like cowboys when they read their parts. I guess I thought something was really hilarious in this picture.
I seriously love our calling, I know people might think we are completely crazy because I haven't really heard of anyone loving "Scouts" but we do. Our boys are great and so our are leaders! We had a great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment