Many Many MANY more posts to come!! So stay tuned! I am determined to get caught up!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Happy 8th Birthday Parker!

Our baby boy turns EIGHT today!
Okay, so he isn't much of a baby any more.
We can't believe that eight years ago we had this chubby, little pug nose baby, who was perfect in every way.
We didn't find out what we were having and I thought for sure it was a girl. So, when the doc said, "BOY!" You can imagine how excited I was and Jason just about fainted.
He was so pumped to have a son!
You were one big boy. People would always say, "He is so chubby." and then when they would pick you up, they would say, "Whoa this kid is solid." Everyone thought you were so cute!
Yes, Mom liked to dress you up and take pictures of you. I mean come on, look how flippin' cute you were at 1 year old and check out that little pug nose.
Here is our brown eyed, crazy hair, smiley boy at 2!
Always getting messy and this boy loves sugar! 3 years old.
Best Smile around! 4 years old.
5 years old and funny as ever!
6 years old and growing up way to fast!!
7 years old and is way to cute for his own good!
NOW HE IS EIGHT AND HE IS STILL OUR BABY BOY!
(but don't tell him that!!)
He is our Man vs. Wild Child.
He loves to be outside...hunting for bugs, for fossils, for rusty metal things.
He loves to build and take apart things.
He loves anything that has to do with mechanics and power.
He LOVES to read.
He is very creative and is a good artist. We get dinosaur pictures daily and plans for his future go cart.
He likes to ride his motor scooter and bike.
He is always messing up the side of our house and using his Dad's tools to create inventions. When you ask him, "Why did you do that?" "What are you doing?" He always comes up with the best excuses. Like, "Mom, I am just trying to figure out how this works so that I can build something better." Or my favorite, "Mom, don't you want me to learn new things and become smarter?"
He loves to camp, fish, hike or do anything else that involves him being in the outdoors.
He thinks Spongebob and Patrick are hilarious and Captain Underpants.
HE LOVES LEGOS!
He likes to make new friends and is always concerned about them and wants to make sure they are happy.
He is a great big brother and loves his sisters very much.
He wants to be just like his Dad.
He is always secretly giving me the "I love you" sign when no one is looking.
He is so excited to be baptized.
He is a great kid.
Dear Parker:
On October 27, 2002 Dad and Mom were blessed with a wonderful little gift....a sweet, perfect little baby boy, who would bring us so much joy and teach us so much.
We are so proud of you for being creative, artistic, curious, imaginative, loving, funny, and one awesome kid! You are always concerned for the well being of others. You love to take care of your sisters and you are always making them laugh.
You teach Dad and I new things each and every day. I think I have learned more about Mt. Everest, Rocks, Minerals, Dinosaurs, Volcanoes, Deserts, Caves, Animals, Bugs, Tornadoes than I ever did when I was in school. We love that you love to learn. We love that you want to explore and try new things and you aren't afraid to do it.
We have loved watching you learn and grow these past eight years and we are so excited to see you continue to learn new things and to grow into a wonderful young man.
We Love You Parker!
Love,
Dad and Mom
p.s. "You can be the Best!"

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I still can't believe you have an 8 year old. What the heck? I feel old.

Taylor Fam said...

oh my gosh I love that boy! He is so adorable! I love that he and David are such great friends too. When did they get so big?