Many Many MANY more posts to come!! So stay tuned! I am determined to get caught up!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Lucky Lucky Me

10 years ago today, Jason R. Smith proposed to me.
I was not nice to him that day.
I was ornery.
Really sassy.
Mean to the waiter at the restaurant.
Mean to Jason.
Complaining constantly.
But....
Jason didn't let any of that phase him.
He kept being his "funny" self.
He kept cracking jokes.
Being super nice and sweet.
Telling me he loved me.
Then I complained when he wanted to go for a walk.
But he insisted.
So I complained some more.
Then during one of my ranting and ravings.
He stopped walking.
Gave me this funny look.
I said, "WHAT?!" (in my ornery, tired voice.)
He looked at me.
He said, "Kristin Olson, I love you more than anything in this world. Will you marry me?"
I had this look of pure, "WHAT THE?!" on my face.
I started crying, because I was being so mean.
I kept saying, "What? Marry?"
I started crying more because I couldn't believe he would want to marry me after being so awful, mean, sassy and ornery all night.
He opened this black box with this gorgeous ring in it.
I just stared at it.
Then my blond brain woke up and I said, "YES!"
Then we skipped off into the sunset, holding hands. Okay so that really didn't happen. But seriously the story was getting a little cheesy, so I had to add some more cheese to it, to make it extra cheesier.
Seriously though, I feel very lucky to have Jas as my hubby and my best "guy" friend.
Love you babe.
p.s. your hot.
(gotta keep the love alive people)

4 comments:

Crystal said...

What?! I did not know this! Cute! :)

Rebekah said...

Glad i'm not the only one who was a massive beast before I got proposed too. hahah! this story is classic!

Amy said...

CUTE story!!!

happy anniversary!!!

...... thank goodness for men who love us ornery women... RIGHT??? :) :) :)

Taylor Fam said...

I've never heard that story before! I loved it! You guys are so darling! Love you.