This past week has been a rough one for our little Hannah. Mean Daddy and Mommy (that is what she is calling us) took her binki away. It was a hard and easy decision for Mom. Hard being the fact that I would have to listen to her scream, be difficult in the car, not sleep well, cry for it every minute. Easy because she was obsessed with it and it was moving her teeth, I was sick of looking for one every time she went into hysterics, I felt like the binki was controlling our lives.
So, the other night Jas and I went through the house and found all the binkis and threw them away. We found 14 total and yesterday I found two more. I know what you are all thinking, why did you have so many binkis?? Honestly, I have no idea. Hannah was storing them for the winter.
The first few nights were evil. Seriously, that is the only word for it. She was kicking, screaming, crying, then she kept saying, "You took a part of me away." I am not joking either, she really said that. Then she got sick and she was so upset she didn't have "bink." She is a trooper though and it has been six days without "bink" and she is doing so good. I love not being controlled by the binki!
We are so proud of you Hanny, even though you slapped mommy, kicked her and had screaming fits every night, you are on the road to recovery!!!
3 comments:
Kris! I am in hysterics laughing over this!! Only because I can completely relate to the binky obsession (Vi and Hanny are BINKY BABIES).
I am so proud of you for having the guts to take bink away. That would be hard. We still haven't taken Violet's away because we fear the evilness that might happen!
HOly Crap! I am laughing out loud right now. "You took a part of me away" I mean COME ON. MOM YOU ARE EVIL :) Just kidding. It's hilarious. and I'm so glad you documented it so when Hannah gets older you can amuse her with her antics. HILARIOUS:)
p.s. Glad to hear she (and you) made it through!
That's funny (and great)! Now, how do I take the thumb away from Kambree?!?!?!
Post a Comment