Many Many MANY more posts to come!! So stay tuned! I am determined to get caught up!

Thursday, April 3, 2008

ATA BITES!

So, today I get a call from my sister-in-law Lisa and she informs me that the airline (ATA) that we booked our tickets to Hawaii with decided to announce today that they are filing bankruptcy and canceling all their flights. THANKS, I am so excited that I have to deal with getting my extremely large amount of money back from you and then search for more tickets. I really appreciate this. So, Lisa calls the customer service line and says, "How do we get our money back?" and they inform us we have to call the CC company and have the company do a charge back. So, Jas calls the CC company and they say, "We can't do a charge back until June, since that is when the tickets were going to be used." Um, I don't think so. Jason of course handled it a lot better than I would. Since, I lost my nice voice after I gave birth twice. So, to make a long story short, the CC company is doing the charge back asap and hopefully we will be able to get our tickets for Hawaii without breaking the bank. I guess I will learn going with an airline I have never heard of. Still though, ATA bites.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Ya, try being IN Hawaii and stranded! ATA was our flight so when we heard they went bankrupt we started looking for a new flight home. Have you ever checked out the price of flights 3 days before you want to leave? Well, to HI they're 1000$ a pop! Luckily we got it all figured out and had to use a bunch of skymiles. We're coming home. Is that a good thing? I'm not so sure at this point since it's suppose to be in the 40s! HELLO. not cool. I'm dreading it. Do I HAVE to leave paradise?

Jen said...

You know........I have never heard of that airline before either! But you can bet I will boycott them for you and never use them now! Ohhhhhh wait.............;)

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I heard about this. Can't believe it's affected TWO of my friends. Sorry guys. :(

Rebekah said...

Oh huge bummer!! My friend was supposed to fly out and shoot a wedding in Hawaii. He didn't make it to the wedding because of the airline troubles. Can you even imagine how horrible that is?!