Many Many MANY more posts to come!! So stay tuned! I am determined to get caught up!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Best 50 Bucks We Ever Spent.

This year Jas and I decided that we were going to get the kids a pool.
There were many reasons why I wanted them to have a pool:
1. I didn't want to live at the public pool each and every day.
2. My children have many friends, who would all want to go to the public pool every day with us.
3. I can sit in my backyard and read, relax and who cares what I look like.
4. We already have the treats, the towels, the pool toys, a slide, etc.
So, we bought a 10x10 pool and it is three feet deep and it is perfect for the little ones and for us adults. I swim with the kids sometimes, but I have to be prepared to be attacked and choked a few hundred times. But hey, I can just go outside to swim in my backyard and it beats packing up everything and heading to the public pool.
Don't get me wrong though, we will be attending the public pool a few times this summer, just to change it up a bit. Plus, the kids do want to go play with all the "cool" toys at the public pool. But for now, our pool is keeping them busy enough and the neighborhood kids seem to enjoy it as well. It really has been the best 50 bucks we ever spent.


I had to post this picture because I informed the kids that they could not eat any popsicles in the big pool, so they went over and sat in Hannahs little pool. Funny kids.

Hannah and Caijsa sun bathing.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

So fun! So when do we get our invite? :)

Tiffany said...

Anything that keeps your kids occupied for a period of time is AWESOME! I've been thinking about getting one of those bigger pools...maybe now I will!