I was looking at my little Hannah today and wondering what kind of woman she is going to become. I have so many hopes & dreams for her. I hope she is strong, faithful, loving, giving, ambitious, daring, courageous.....oh the list goes on and on. Then I thought what a lucky girl she is to be named after women who are so wonderful.
Hannah Kathryn
Hannah is my Great Grandmas name, she was a beautiful, smart, strong woman.
My grandma is also named Hannah, she is a loving, patient, funny, smart, beautiful, giving woman, who has a heart of gold. I have been so lucky to have such a wonderful grandma.
Kathryn is my mothers name. Oh my mom, what can I say. She is great. I love her personality, her laugh, her creativity, how giving she is. She shows so much love to everyone. She is strong willed and hilarious. I thought it was only fit to give Hannah the middle name Kathryn. She shows traits from her grandma already, the hair twirling, the loud "Fry" laugh.
Catherine is my Grandmas sisters name. She is also a wonderful, loving, funny woman.
So, my little Hannah was named after four amazing women. Grandma, Mom and Catherine, you all have had such an impact on my life and I hope that my Hannah Kathryn knows that she was named after women who were strong, true, ambitious, giving, faithful, funny and loving.


5 comments:
I think it's cool she has a namesake...something to look up to and feel proud of.
BTW, love the just-after-birth picture you're sporting. :)
And I'm enjoying Kristin's trash 2 treasures! Catchy...
Whats with all the red shirts?! hahhaa :) hannah is sooo cute and i love all the people shes named after. My mom loves seeing the pictures you post too=fun way to keep in touch without really keeping in touch :)
Okay first off, I was looking at the after birth picture of me and I had to take it off, what was I thinking it was horrid.
Second, Sara I know what is with the red shirts??? Maybe it was red shirt day or something? Who knows, but they do look good in red. :)
SO I am totally glad that you "Blog stalk" me, because Lisa told me about how creative and talented you are so I have been "Blog stalking" you too!:) I love your wicker chair- funny but that is the exact chair I envisioned in my room but never found one in great condition! I am looking forward to you doing a "Trash to treasure" slide show too (hint hint) I hear you are amazing! I am glad that someone enjoys find the beauty in things others can't! heehee!!
P.S. Cute Family by the way!!
grandma and catherine are basically twins....and the biggest old lady pimps i know.
Post a Comment